Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a card template that you can use on multiple boards?

Greg Birbeck June 8, 2020

We have just started using Business Class

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2020

@Greg Birbeck no, but the main advantage of card templates is that you can archive them and still use them so they don't take up space on your board. If you want to have a central templates board and then use it from various other boards, you could enable this Butler command on the boards where you want to use them:

2020-06-09 at 4.23 pm.png

Greg Birbeck June 9, 2020

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your response. I haven't spent much time looking at the Butler option but I'll have a closer look now.

I've tried your suggestion and it works really well so thanks. 

One of the final actions you included above was to copy the card to the top of the list {triggercardlistname}. If you were setting these templates up as rules for a blank board, you would know the board name but not the list names. 

Is there any way you can do it so it will default to whatever list the person is on when they add the label rather than having to specify a list in advance?

I hope that makes sense, once again, thanks for your help.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2020

@Greg Birbeck in this case {triggercardlistname} refers to the list name in which the card was created to trigger the command, the list name of the template card is irrelevant because the entire board is searched, you can split the template cards into lists arbitrarily (for example to group them in terms of some logical relationship such as "Customer Reply Templates" and so on).

Greg Birbeck June 10, 2020

Got it.

It's working perfectly now.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events