Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a Checklist Template in Trello?

Hanna Brook April 20, 2017

I'd like to be able to instantly add a checklist to each trello card - which I would ideally pre-create as templates. 

Is this possible?

Or are any kind of templates possible in Trello?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Kate Hensley August 17, 2022

Is there a way to delete the checklists that are on other cards from the drop down menu? For example, I have template cards with checklists and use the same across single cards, however, every time I add it to a new card that option comes up in my check list drop down(making my list extra long). Is there anyway to consolidate and just have the checklists "templates" in there? 

0 votes
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2017

Hello, Hanna!

You can create template cards in Trello by simply making the card and stashing it somewhere for easy duplication. Then you can copy that card, and choose to copy over checklists and attachments. You can even hover over the card, hit CTRL+C, and then CTRL+V over the list you want to paste and the card will duplicate there!

As an example, I create "template" cards and stick them in the first list on my board, which I always reserve for board information. Then I can easily access them for duplication.

ScreenClip.png ScreenClip.png

You can also create a card, and when you go to add a checklist, choose to copy a checklist from a card that already exists. 

ScreenClip.png

Hope this helps!

Hanna Brook April 20, 2017

Thank you - this sounds really helpful - will try it out!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events