It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to copy/apply the same checklist to every card within a list?

I am working on a system migration project with our 100 client households and have the same workflow for each (but tasks are not necessarily performed in the same order for every household). I would like to have one checklist applied to every card (household) I add to the list. Is there a way to do this without having to manually enter the checklist 100 times? Thank you.

1 answer

Hi Kacey

You can use the Butler Power Up to accomplish this, but there's going to be a little work on your part, but the work will be easier than adding the checklist to each card manually.

For this example, you'll use a label that can be easily applied to your card with the keyboard shortcut.  Hopefully you're not using a green label on your board currently, but if you are, hopefully you have a different color label that you're not using at all..

The keyboard shortcut for adding a green label to a card is hovering over a card and pressing '1'.. 

First, enable the Butler power up and go to Rules. Then  use the trigger 'When the green label is added to a card' and hit the + button to go to actions. From there, find the "checkbox" icon and use 'add the checklist name <checklist> to the card. Hit the + and then save it.

Now, go to each card and apply the green label by hovering over the card and pressing '1' on your keypad.  As soon as you add a green label, the checklist will apply to that card.

After you're done with that, you can delete the rule if needed.

Let me know if you have issues or need further guidance.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

2,300 views 23 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you