Is it possible to copy a checklist including the checked items to another board?

Christian Schneider January 8, 2018

Hi everyone,

we've been using a rather large checklist on one of our boards and copied the card to an entirely new board. On this new board, all of the checklist items were unticked again. Is there a way to copy checklists so that the ticked items stay ticked?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

2 votes
EduardoSantander September 29, 2020

Hi,

Does anyone knows if this issue is resolved? I mean, is it possible to copy checklists so that the ticked items stay ticked?

Thanks

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi Christian,

I'm afraid there's not! It's only possible to include or not include the entire checklist when you copy the card, but not the individual checked status of each item.

I'll make sure the team knows this is something you're looking for!

0 votes
Michael Wohl April 26, 2018

I was searching for something similar, but didn't need the pre-checked boxes.  I have a board for each project, and we have about 12-14 projects at any one time.  We created a checklist for a specific process on one of our boards and could not copy it to any other board without having to re-type (or import) the entire checklist (consisting of 14 things to check off).  I found a work around where we created a new "dummy" card on the main board (where we created our original checklist), then copied the checklist to that card.  We then "moved" that card to another board and could use the Copy Checklist feature with any card on that board, BUT, none of the already checked items would move over as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events