Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is is possible to link multiple Trello Boards to one Power BI dashboard?

Raphael Ramos July 18, 2020

Hi there!

I have around 13 Trello Boards, and I felt the need to create a Dashboard at Power BI to get metrics regarding all of my Boards (something like a general overview).

I followed the steps at this link: https://databackwriter.com/2017/03/15/getting-actual-trello-cards-into-power-bi/, but I only managed to get one of my Trello Boards into Power BI. There are 12 Boards left and I am not sure if there is an easy alternative way to get them all into the same Power BI report, or if I have to repeat the process all over again with the 12 Boards and then link them somehow.

Has anyone ever tried to do this before?

Thanks in advance :)

1 answer

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2020

Hi Raphael,

Great question. Our familiarity with Power BI is pretty limited, but my understanding is definitely that you need to load the boards' JSON files one-by-one. There's no large-scale, native integration with Power BI in Trello, so what you're doing is loading each board's data source manually into Power BI, for it to then look at. This means that I'm not aware of any way to have it pull in all of your boards at once, so you'd need to repeat the process for each board.

Raphael Ramos July 20, 2020

Thanks for the help Mike! Appreciate it :)

Do you know of any feature that allow me to follow multiple Trello Boards metrics? Each Trello Board represents one process of my company, and I am trying to find a solution to make the manager's life easier by not having to check multiple boards at once.  

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2020

To be honest, Trello's designed with the idea that you should be checking each board, so there's at least not a native way to do this. I'm not immediately aware of any particular tool, but I think that depends on what specifically you want. For example, there are solutions for seeing multiple calendar views at the same time.

Generally speaking, Trello is built on the idea of a shared perspective, making sure that everyone on a board is seeing that board in the same context. If one person is looking at the cards on a board, suddenly next to totally different cards on another board, that changes that context, and creates a different understanding. One board's definition of a "Doing" list could be very different from another's, and seeing them together doesn't tell the whole story!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events