Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a trello board I'm a member of outside of my company visible to the Trello admin in my company?

Tyler Termini December 23, 2020

Hi there, first post in the Trello community and forgive me if this answer already exists (I searched but couldn't find the exact 100% answer, even after viewing Business class Admin privileges!)

If I am a member of Company X, and am a member on several of Company X's team boards, but then am invited to another board outside of the organization...can the Trello Admin at Company X see this other board that I'm a member of?

Logically I want to say "no" but because I'm not able to create a "personal board" on my Company X Trello account I am doubting the exact nature of the visibility here, since even private boards created on my Company X Business Class account are viewable by my Admins.

Curious to hear the answer to this, and love Trello by the way!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2020

can the Trello Admin at Company X see this other board that I'm a member of?”

No. The admin of a team can’t see boards outside the team. 

The answer might be more complicated if you were part of a Trello Enterprise customer so I’m assuming that is not the case. 

Tyler Termini December 23, 2020

Hey Michael, thanks for the quick response! And you're right, we're a Trello Business Class so I think it applies here.

0 votes
Deleted user April 19, 2021

Hi @Michael Pryor , thanks for this. I have a similar question. 

I want to share access from my personal Trello boards to my work account (which is part of an enterprise plan). I want to do this so I can modify my personal boards while logged into my work account, without constantly having to use the 'switch accounts' feature. 

If I add my work account to boards in my personal workspace, can the enterprise admin see the content on my personal boards through my work account?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events