Is Trello going to release a Linux Desktop app?

ardeshireshghi September 28, 2017

It is interesting to see that Trello has released desktop apps. However, they are limited to Windows and Mac at the minute. Is there a plan on releasing a Linux based application?

13 answers

28 votes
rbbernardino February 13, 2019

It's 2019 and, by the fact that only some hundreds viewed this post and nearly no one commented anything, I suppose Trello remains with only a few people interested on it for Linux... if you are reading this and wanted a version for Linux (like me), please post it here!!

kokbira July 19, 2019

Me too.

Now I'm using an unofficial solution: https://www.edivaldobrito.com.br/cliente-desktop-do-trello-no-linux/

Like # people like this
paslavskyi March 19, 2020

+1

Like # people like this
rbbernardino March 19, 2020

Now it's 2020 and even Evernote and Microsoft Teams has announced a linux client:
https://fossbytes.com/evernote-linux-client-gparted-open-source-tools/

Like # people like this
priestoferis March 19, 2020

The MS Teams linux client is actually out already, even though it says "preview" it seems quite full fledged to me.

Patrick_Stahl June 9, 2020

A Linux version would be great. I'm interested, too. 

Like # people like this
Sofia Dubbeldam July 30, 2020

+1

Like Josh Steiner likes this
Aurelio Diaz-Ufano October 28, 2020

+1

ozanuzer November 1, 2020

+1

Like Shiran Vatury likes this
Mugur Dumitrache November 18, 2020

+1

bythealphabet January 24, 2021

pls

Loic February 25, 2021

I need that linux app so badly

Janca February 25, 2021

Did anyone try these steps recently and do they still work? (I haven't yet)

How to install Trello on Ubuntu

Davide Iaiunese

Davide Iaiunese

Mar 24, 2018·3 min read

https://medium.com/@davideiaiunese/how-to-install-trello-on-ubuntu-754e9d8b4d03

Jordan May 13, 2021

+1

Osamu Morozumi July 18, 2021

Yes please, our entire dev team uses various Linux distros and the agency uses trello for all maintenance/todos so I've always got it open.  I've made a shortcut to the web page but I can't make it stick to all visible workspaces.  

Like Janca likes this
Wilfried August 13, 2021

I woudl liek to have it too, plus the fact that when i open trello on my Google Chrome browser, I can't understand why but my CPU is reaching spike for a few sec and then go back at normal temp (SecurePaymentConfirmation process is triggered i don't understand why + the chromium dev team are on it but can't give answer too)

Janca August 29, 2021

Hi everyone, can these help?

1. there's a recently appeared Trello Desktop wrapper snap
(or at least I believe it might be that)

2. I am the developer of the Focus|Project app for Trello, also see https://f-p.app which, if you interact with todos a lot, can also help @Osamu Morozumi ?)

(Both options should work on several Linux distributions, though I - somehow... :) - know option 2. is not that well versed yet with Wayland, i.e. Ubuntu 21.)

DoctorQuark November 6, 2021

+1

6 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Ardeshir,

That's a great question—right now, we're not planning on a Linux version, but I'll let the team know you're looking for it!

Bence Ferdinandy October 12, 2017

Let's hope this changes, it would really be great :)

Like # people like this
Kanwar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

https://github.com/danielchatfield/trello-desktop

haven't tried it myself yet though!

Like Knäckebrot Pups likes this
Bence Ferdinandy October 17, 2017

It's basically just a desktop wrapper for the website as far as I could make out (no offline capability).

Christopher Carr November 20, 2017

It's an Electron app, so there's really zero excuse for not having a Linux version --- that's the whole point of Electron. 

Like # people like this
Chris Beach February 1, 2021

Please deliver a Linux app. Electron is fine - I'd just like to use an app with its own icon and desktop notifications.

Like Osamu Morozumi likes this
Janca August 29, 2021

Hi everyone, can these help?

1. there's a recently appeared Trello Desktop wrapper snap
(or at least I believe it might be that)

2. I am the developer of the Focus|Project app for Trello, also see https://f-p.app which, while trying to avoid overlapping with Trello's corresponding functionality, has some degree of desktop notifications support @Chris Beach 

Let me know if I'm wrong, but am almost sure none of these (can vouch for 2. of course :) ) have much offline capability...  @Bence Ferdinandy you might have some experience now with option 1. perhaps?

(Both options should work on several Linux distributions, though I - "somehow" - happen to know option 2. is not that well versed yet with Wayland, i.e. Ubuntu 21.)

2 votes
Martin Jarvis April 29, 2020

I ended up here looking for a Linux version too. I’d like to create an interactive board hanging on the wall with a touch screen, probably powered by a raspberry pi underneath and with offline support. 

1 vote
Shiran Vatury September 10, 2020

Would like that as well

1 vote
lwbaqueros September 10, 2020

Please

1 vote
anwerashif November 15, 2019

Trello should release Linux version for stupid genius like us.

1 vote
Prince Storm September 20, 2019

How about a snap, a lot of the other kanban apps like zenkit, ora use Snaps for Linux, Snaps are distro independent.

muhamad_mubarok November 4, 2019

em may be its nice 

Shiran Vatury July 6, 2020

I would love it to be in linux

1 vote
Labib May 12, 2019

I am quite interested in seeing a linux version as well, or alternatively, a web app version. Web apps can be easily supported on linux.

0 votes
Mimshak Spares May 23, 2022

+1

0 votes
Janca January 27, 2021

Hello,

Anyone tried Focus|Project App? Not a replacement, but I am creating an app, of which the Trello integration is getting published first.

I use it as a reduced functionality Trello desktop client for the stuff that I'd quickly/frequently reach for. (I think it does help me, nut sure how biased I am though :) ) When just fiddling with a card it can help I suppose, for everything 'large scope' I just use the web.

It's really in beta - it will need some improvements even on the most basic things like authorization, for instance - so getting started could be daunting right now, but it is written/tested on the go on Ubuntu, so I think you can guess which OS it feels home on ;)

Also it has one of the darkest UIs (optionally) that I ever created =b

(I hope to get back to putting it on the Trello integrations route soon, for now it's just an "Unknown app" when authorizing.)

0 votes
bythealphabet January 24, 2021

please

0 votes
Doug Miller January 2, 2021

+1, please!

0 votes
Josh Steiner October 7, 2020

Any sign of a Linux client?  I use all 3 platforms but Linux (Ubuntu) is my primary dev platform and where having trello client would be of most use to me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events