Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invited to collaborate on a board, Trello says I need to create an account (I already have one)

Steph Dakin June 24, 2020

I have a Trello account with one email address.  I was invited to collab with a secondary email, so I tried changing my email account to accommodate the request.  I kept getting an error that I needed to create an account with that board, but I'm also getting an error that I already own an account with that address. Yet when I try to sign in, it tells me that account doesn't exist....?
I had the invite sent to my primary email address, and I still cannot join the board (keep getting told that I need to create an account).

TIA

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2020

@Steph Dakin when you're sent an invitation by email, you won't be able to join the board with an account that doesn't use that email.

So what you'll need to do is login to Trello using your current email address, then change the email of that Trello account to be the email address on which you received the invitation, then you should be able to access the board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events