Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invite people to board within a team?

Deleted user January 3, 2020

I have a question and I can't seem to find the answer. I want to create a team, and create boards within the team for specific projects that include client accounts, outside suppliers, contractors, etc. 

BUT...

While I want all my team members to be able to access boards, I want outside people, like clients for example, who are invited to a board, to only access that board -- no other boards within the same team.

Is this correct? Or do I need to create a private board outside of teams to which I can invite staff AND clients?

Please help. I don't want to create board within a team, invite a client to that board, and the client sees all the other client boards within the same team.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hey Michel,

Don't worry, you're already on the right path. A private board will only be visible to members who are invited directly to it. Alternatively, a team visible board will be accessible to any members of the Trello team associated with it. 

Regarding membership, if you invite a client to only a board, then they will only be able to see that board. You haven't invited them to the Trello team, so any other boards would not be accessible to them. 

I hope that helps explain!

Deleted user January 7, 2020

Perfect! Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events