It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Invite people to board within a team?

I have a question and I can't seem to find the answer. I want to create a team, and create boards within the team for specific projects that include client accounts, outside suppliers, contractors, etc. 

BUT...

While I want all my team members to be able to access boards, I want outside people, like clients for example, who are invited to a board, to only access that board -- no other boards within the same team.

Is this correct? Or do I need to create a private board outside of teams to which I can invite staff AND clients?

Please help. I don't want to create board within a team, invite a client to that board, and the client sees all the other client boards within the same team.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett Atlassian Team Jan 07, 2020

Hey Michel,

Don't worry, you're already on the right path. A private board will only be visible to members who are invited directly to it. Alternatively, a team visible board will be accessible to any members of the Trello team associated with it. 

Regarding membership, if you invite a client to only a board, then they will only be able to see that board. You haven't invited them to the Trello team, so any other boards would not be accessible to them. 

I hope that helps explain!

Perfect! Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,627 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you