Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation to board gives nonsensical error message

Martin Hunke November 7, 2020

Google TranslateGTranslateWinS Options

I have an a Atlassian account, mhunke@braver... and I received an invite to a board.

The board shows up fine but it has a banner saying I need to create an account for Trello with mhunke@braver... and the email address required is the very email address I am logged in with. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

firefox_16.png

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2020

Hi @Martin Hunke ,

Welcome to the community!

I think you are login with an Atlassian account you just need to link Trello with Atlassian.

Just click on create an account shown in the screenshot and follow the procedure. Just make sure to use the same email id.

Martin Hunke November 8, 2020

Google TranslateGTranslateWinS Options

Thank you for your suggestion. When I click on "create an account" in my screenshot, I get to Trello account setup. Underneath, there's a link to log into an existing account. I click on that and enter my mhunke@... info. It then shows my account and asks if I want to choose this account mhunke@... I click on "continue".

After that, it sends me back to the very page I posted a screenshot of. Including the error message. I am stuck in an endless loop. Any idea?

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Martin Hunke November 8, 2020

I ended up creating a different account so this board then belonged to a newly created account. That worked and the error messagew disappeared. I then transfered to board to the account I originally wanted. That also worked. Now I am set.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events