Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Trello & Slack, specifically with photos

RD Work December 7, 2018

I work for a construction & development company, and Trello is a massive help with making sure things don't get missed. 

However one area we would like to implement it more is with delivery notes. Previously we have sent them in the post from sites to our accounts department, which is slow and messy. We would like to send photos on Slack and then assign them to a list in Trello, one potential idea having lists for unmatched delivery notes, then either deleting or moving to a separate list of matched delivery notes. 

Is this the simplest way to do this? We can't seem to find a quick way to link the images from Slack into attachments on Trello. We have the full subscription for both services & have integrated fully. Alternatively, if there's a simpler way to achieve what we are trying to do that we are not seeing, what would this be? 

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hey there,

I definitely think this is something you can set up! The only limitation right now is that attachments can't be added when creating a card via Slack, unfortunately. 

I'd recommend reversing the order and add the cards with the attachments directly to Trello. You could then create a channel specifically linked to this delivery notes board.

When a new delivery note is added to the board, a notification would be sent to the channel and members from your accounts department could take action as necessary.

Is that something that would work for you and your team?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events