It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Include cards with NO due date in search results?

Is there a way of including cards without a due date in search results?

I want to see all cards due today and no due date (as some cards simply don't need a specific due date).

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Mar 26, 2019

@Matt Coysten this isn't exactly a published strategy but the search parameter:

-due:incomplete

appears to do it. This says "items without an incomplete due date", which appears to apply to cards that don't have a due date at all. It will probably also catch cards that have a completed due date.

That appears to do the trick, thank you.

Now I just need to find a way to combine it with due today (which I think is beyond the capabilities of Trello search, unfortunately).

Iain Dooley Community Leader Mar 27, 2019

@Matt Coysten yep, looks like those two searches combine to zero. Here's a Trellinator script that will create a combined array of all open cards on a board either due within 24 hours or with no due date, and then add them to a Google Sheet with a link to the card:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/3b6e08acf049479640600f4504b0eea9

You can see how to install Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

That's peaked my interest... I've never heard of Trellinator before... I'll have to put aside some time to have a ready through the links. Thank you.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Katrin Anger Community Leader Mar 26, 2019

@Matt Coysten 

Hi Matt,

when you click on the filter icon next to the search bar, you get a menu what you can filter.

Scroll down, and there are options for due dates for cards. You can select "due in the next day" and "has no due date" at the same time. - Does that answer your question?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-26 um 17.14.15.png

Thank you. That's not quite what I was looking for. I want to incorporate it into a search rather than a filter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,569 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you