Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Trello set a due date in email-to-board?

eduramofo July 1, 2017

In Trello how can i set a due date in email-to-board (i need wanna set a due date send me a e-mail)?

The article bellow they do not teach how to that....

http://help.trello.com/article/809-creating-cards-by-email#formattingTips

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Right now, this is not an option with the email to board email address. You can however add users and labels to the card that is going to be created via email.

eduramofo July 25, 2019

Alright!

Thank you!

Neil Brubaker September 17, 2020

This would be super helpful, why is this not an option? My boss should be able to set an appointment card up (that is viewable in calendar view) and not have to leave email but currently, she would have double touch such an appointment.

3 votes
yann November 6, 2019

Is it a feature since 2017 ? It would be nice ! Even Butler is not able to parse a due date from the name or description to set the due date on the card according to the email content ?

Thanks for the update !

1 vote
RH February 28, 2021

I have used this Butler rule with some success

when anyone enters a card name containing a date, set custom field "DueDate" to "{matcheddate}", and set due on the date

briants1 March 31, 2021

RH, can you give an example? 

This is something that I've been trying to accomplish but I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks!

briants1 March 31, 2021

For example, I'm attaching a calendar entry from Outlook (via email) to the Trello Board/Card. This part works well.

However the Due Date in that calendar entry does not appear as a Due Date in the card and therefore it does not appear in the Calendar (Planyway).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events