Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing from excel into Trello

Joanne Humphrey July 21, 2017

I am trying to follow these directions http://help.trello.com/article/751-importing-data-into-trello to paste a lits of items into a to do list in trello but it isn't working. Every item in my list is ending up on the same Trello card, when the directions say each item will create a separate card. I have tried copying all of the cells, copying just the header at the top of the column and selecting the A tab above the column but it all has the same result. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Joanne

6 answers

2 votes
Mark_Kofman January 10, 2018

Joanne,

You can also use the Import2 Wizard2 (disclaimer, I work for Import2). This allows you to import Cards into Trello from the CSV file. Hope this helps!

Mango Education September 26, 2018

Your importer lacks a key feature. It doesn't allow multiple fields to be concatenated. It requires a lot of improvement and added features before you'd expect people to pay for bulk imports.

Mark_Kofman April 6, 2020

btw, if you are doing an import from CSV file, then the concatenation of fields into one is pretty simple in Excel prior to import.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2022

A little late to the party here but in case anyone else stumbles on this post and is looking to import cards into Trello, there is now a Power-Up (free) which does just that.

0 votes
Rob Stockton January 1, 2022

This does actually work but you have to do it in a very particular way, not simply paste as described in the original article. The link below describes it step by step. Mainly, you need to paste into a card and THEN press the Add button which gives you the option to add multiple cards. It has a maximum of 100 cards/lines in one go though.

https://www.laptopmag.com/uk/articles/create-trello-cards-from-a-spreadsheet

0 votes
Julie King October 27, 2020

I have the same issue and really do not want to use a 3rd party plugin for a feature that should work as promised from Trello.

Has anyone found a fix for this that does not involve using the Import2 Wizard?

0 votes
Celine Klemm March 29, 2020

Hi there,

I have the same problem. It does not work for me as described in the document. I've tried Google Chrome and Firefox. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Many thanks

Celine

Mark_Kofman April 6, 2020

Celine, have you also tried Import2 Wizard?

Like # people like this
Celine Klemm April 7, 2020

Hi Mark, 

I had not yet but will give it a try now. 

Thanks a lot for your help!

Celine

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Would you mind trying a different browser to see if that makes a difference? If that does not help, can you reach out to trello.com/contact with a screenshot of what it looks like on your end?

We'll then be able to take a closer look.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events