If a team member picks up a Task, can we send an automatic email to the person who sent the task in?

Rox Pienaar November 17, 2020

We are an average size creative agency that runs out of a corporate real estate head office. We deal with hundreds of big and marketing small jobs logged from our real estate agents across the country. Somedays we get 100 jobs logged a day. So communication is vital. 

I want to know if it is possible, every time a designer picks up a job to start work on it, is there a way that an automated email can get trigged back to the real estate agent who sent it in.. something along the lines of “Your job is currently being worked on by the team etc etc” just so that our lines of communication are great. I just don’t want to stop the work flow for our designers and have them typing emails every time to agents.

I was hoping maybe there was  a Powerup for this? We are on the Business Suite plan at the moment if that helps.

If advice would help. 

2 answers

0 votes
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Hi @Rox Pienaar,

You can do this via Hipporello. Hipporello is a powerup that enables external users to create cards on Trello via forms and emails. You can add automation to these to send automatic email messages like “Your job is currently being worked on by the team etc etc”. Automation is not just limited by this. You can advanced automation on Hipporello. 

Your forms will be displayed on a help/service desk provided by Hipporello. You can embed individual forms to your public websites and get data from there too.

Once the Trello card is created, you can further communicate with your external user on Trello card. You don't need to go to your inbox. You can also see if the email is opened or a link on email is clicked.

Hipporello has more advanced features and more is coming. Please check our website:

https://www.hipporello.com

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Where is the info from the user that sent it in? Is that the title of the card? Another Trello user? Or a custom field you added?

Butler can send emails when triggers happen: https://trello.com/c/V9WIfI5i/236-sending-email

Paul November 17, 2020

Hi Michael,

The info is sent in via the agents individual Microsoft 365 accounts via a form on our website - Agent Briefing Form 

The title of the Trello card it lands on is Incoming Jobs.

Kind Regards,

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Where is the email you would want Trello to send to though? Like if Bob fills out a form on your website - and a card is created - where would trello find Bobs email address to send him a reply back? Is it on the card somewhere? Who set up the form on your website that makes the Trello cards?

Paul November 17, 2020

Hi Micheal,

I thought it might be easier to send you a quick video.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events