Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a board was closed and the adm exit, can I rescue the content?

121 CoWork May 20, 2021

I was in a board, and the adm close and got off from there, can i rescue the content?

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi @121 CoWork 👋

Welcome to the Community! It's a good question and a problem a lot of people face with Trello. The answer does rely a little on your circumstances such as what Trello plan you are on and whether you are the super admin of the account? 

As long as you are on a Business Class workspace your super admin of the business account will be able to help, however if this is not the case then the short answer is it's not possible. 

You can read more here >> Reopening a closed board - Trello Help

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just let me know 😃

All the best,

Laura

121 CoWork May 20, 2021

Hello, thx a million for your answer

So, I'm using trello free member... and i'm not the admin. The board still exist but the admin was gone, just left. Its possible rescue that board??

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

I've just checked through Trello's help pages on this for you but unfortunately they explicitly state that "You will need to have been a Board Admin to reopen a board."

The only other suggestion I could make is too reach out to Trello support directly but I don't think they will be able to reverse this for you as they won't be able to get permission from the original admin. However if you would like to give this a try you can raise a support ticket with them here >> https://trello.com/en-GB/contact#/

0 votes
Pedro Silva May 20, 2021

Hi @121 CoWork 

Don't know if this help

Reopening a closed board - Trello Help

Missing a board? 

The Closed Boards drawer will only show the boards that you are a member of, and Workspace-Visible boards that you did not join will not show on the list.

However, Business Class Workspace Admin can reopen a Workspace board they're not a member of by entering the board link directly in their address bar to see the 'Closed Board' page and an option to re-open the board.

121 CoWork May 20, 2021

So, I'm using trello free member... and i'm not the admin. The board still exist but the admin was gone, just left. Its possible rescue that board??

121 CoWork May 20, 2021

Hello,sorry about my impolite.

Like Pedro Silva likes this
Pedro Silva May 20, 2021

I'm afraid not @121 CoWork  but i hope i'm wrong. 

Maybe someone have another view or experience, but as far as the Trello guide says, a free member can not do that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events