Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work on my ipad with no WiFi and need to access attachments. Is there any way?

Judith jerams April 9, 2019

I ‘m an ESL teacher. I want to access lots of linked data, photos and mp3 files  that are already stored on my iPad, but often work where I have no WiFi access.

when i tried using trello offline, it failed to access the attachments. Is there any way of doing this, by linking directly to the source file on the iPad, for example. I can see how you may do this on a laptop, but not an iPad.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2019

@Judith jerams  Unfortunately there is no direct way to link from the iPad Trello App directly to local files.  You could try to store text with a link, but that is a bit of a crutch.

Judith jerams April 10, 2019

Thanks for confirming that Marc. As I feared, it isn’t worth my soending a lot of time trying to find workarounds. 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2019

@Judith jerams you can cache Google Drive files using the "keep offline" feature, so instead of attaching the files to the trello card directly, paste Google Drive links into the Trello card then for each file you need to access offline you can precache with the "keep offline" switch in the Google Drive iOS app.

You might be able to flip this switch for an entire directory to save you having to cache each link one by one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events