Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I want to schedule a year's worth of tasks/reminders related to 'closed' clients - template?

Edited

Hello I am new and trying to make Trello work for my real estate business. 

I need to generate a list of tasks for staff over the first year after a client sells or buys a house. The due dates would be set for periods of time after the sequence is initiated, i.e., 30 days, 90 days, 6 months, 1 year after we start it.

I am hoping for advice on how to create a template of this nature with certain project deadlines that "kick in" starting the day we launch it. We would launch the template in the name of each client who has sold/bought and anticipate reminders coming up as those milestone dates approach. Obviously the timelines and deadlines are different for each client because they are rooted to when they closed and we initiate the sequence.

I am new to the terminology here but a fast learner. Any advice much appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Dave Fratello 

I just did a quick test to see if checklist dates with advanced checklist are kept intact when they copied to new card or created from a template date. it does. The next challenge is to adjust the dates easily eg bump all dates by x days. As in all tools are not perfect, you will find, today, that  Butler cannot help you do that. I do anticipate that this will be what you will face once you have your template board and cards set up. 
Based on your problem description, I will add a feature to bump days forward  for a module to automate date changes on advanced checklist. 
All the best on your initial build of your templates. 

OK wow thanks. So what I described may not be readily available as a feature, but it might become available? 

You said Butler does not do that now. If you create this automation, would it later fall under Butler or... ? 

Thanks

@Dave Fratello 

Trello is good at doing pretty much all that you want to do. I am describing a case with due dates on checklist items. If you copy a card with Butler and you want it to bump by x days you can. That is on the card. 

@Dave Fratello 

Here's a demo

https://youtu.be/3R9RzO7zdAk

Also figured out, that I can use CF such that the card buttons can be applied to any checklist on card. It should also work for the case of use a existing item's due date.

@Dave Fratello 

If you make each of the 4 milestone task as cards, I should think that Butler can be made to recognise the cards as they are created and change the dates.  So each client will have 4 cards which you can put them in a list or a member’s list with a mix of client's, client name as part of the card name. Etc. You have to think through what works best for you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

400 views 14 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you