Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to make sure the client I add to my board CAN NOT edit OR copy it. Is that possible ?

Marnie LeFevre April 21, 2022

I see that observers cant edit boards but I also want to make sure they cant copy it either. I'm looking for a read-only solution so I can add clients to share the information but can make sure they don't copy my board or IP.

Do you have a solution for this? Or no copy setting?

2 answers

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Maybe the External Share power-up will help here? https://trello.com/power-ups/60d93bb780ee244d5d2b1edd/external-share

Marnie LeFevre April 26, 2022

Thank you Hannah, I'll take a look. Marnie

0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Marnie LeFevre, Observers can't edit, so you're all set there, but they can copy the board or cards. There isn't a way around that because Trello doesn't have a "no copy" feature right now. Essentially, if someone can see a board they can copy it, regardless of their editing rights. Hope that helps.

Marnie LeFevre April 26, 2022

Thank you Artemis, I did see that but was hoping I was wrong! You clarifying helped a lot thanks. Marnie

Like Artemis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events