Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to switch from e-mail authentication to Google, but it won't remember the Google account.

timothy_bttrcode October 7, 2019

I tried to switch from e-mail authentication to Google authentication. I found a helpful post explaining I'd just have to log into trello with the Google account, even though it wasn't associated with an account yet, and it would ask me to sign in with my e-mail as well, to know which existing account the Google account would be associated with. So far so good.

I logged in with Google, it asked me to log in the old fashioned way, to link my Google account to my existing e-mail authenticated account. So I did.

After doing this I am redirected to an Atlassian page telling me I've created a new Google account, and I can visit my existing boards. I can see all the boards I'm a part of, and the account seems to be linked correctly. It all seems to work up to this point.

When I try to then log out, and then use the newly associated Google account to log in again (on the same, or a different device), it asks me to confirm the account it belongs to again. I have to log in with my e-mail again, and I am again welcomed by the Atlassian page telling me I've just added a new Google account, even though it's the same one I linked a minute ago. This happens over and over again. It doesn't seem to remember that I tried to link my Google account to an existing e-mail authentication account, and every time I try to log in with the Google account, it will treat it as an account it's never seen before.

I checked my e-mail to see if there was some final confirmation message I was missing, but nothing, other than that someone logged into my account, and I can flag it as suspicious behaviour, which is obviously not what I want.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or an I just being a bit of an idiot here, and there's something obvious I'm missing ; ) ?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

Hey Timothy,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Since this issue is concerning your account details, would you mind reaching out to us about this at https://trello.com/contact please? 

That way we can take a closer look at this more privately.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events