Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m trying to search templates or uses of Trello to track “customer account collections” . . .

DocDRM April 19, 2022

But using the word “collections” is so closely associated with the actual software and processes of Trello - - - - its a self defeating search.. Anyone have any references to blogs or a template to “work collections” on customer accounts ? 

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

@DocDRM welcome :) Trello is so flexible I understand it can be hard to know the best way to start. What I suggest is starting simple and progressively adding on from there as you get more confident with Trello and you understand your needs a bit better. 

I'm not sure I understand what "customer account collections" are - based on your screenshot, am I right in assuming you're working in insurance and you're wanting to use Trello to manage your insurance claims? If you're able to explain a bit your goal, I might be able to help point you in the right direction! :) 

DocDRM April 21, 2022

Roofing sales. I’m the RECEIVER of the insurance claim $$ 🤠. Simply collecting on past due invoices - sometimes customer delays/doesn’t pay, sometimes insurance carrier delays payment. 

looking to use Trello rather than an emailed copy from my HQ office accounts receivable, it lists past due accounts and a few details. To properly work the collection effort, I need to reference key historical data from the customer/ job. We have a collections tab in our proprietary system, where I can work from, but I KNOW Trello is gonna make this easier!  

as a road warrior, with it all in Trello I’m looking for easy access to info for calls/emails/ etc while on the road traveling - of course I always pull over before typing in a search or using my cards . . . 💀

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Ohhhh that makes sense! So having each card as an invoice that then moves dynamically from list to list depending on what stage it's at could be the way to go. It'll be quite tedious to fill out all those fields - can you reduce them a bit? e.g. one entry for address instead of 4? Custom fields would make it easier for inputting data as you've mentioned.

Alternatively, maybe there's a way to automate things? Are you having to enter this customer information into your proprietary system? Maybe Zapier could help reduce duplicating this in Trello. Zapier can dump the customer info into the description or you could map it to custom fields.

Also, have a look at this power-up, it might help with inputting data if you're not able to automate it: https://trello.com/power-ups/6139de588901011c01baf52f/forms-by-blue-cat

This template isn't exactly what you want, but you might be able to get some inspiration from it! https://trello.com/templates/personal/recurring-bill-tracker-eNO20pzr

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2022

@DocDRM Welcome to the Atlassian community

I don't think you will find a collections template.  I would suggest creating your own template.  https://help.trello.com/article/1187-creating-template-boards

DocDRM April 20, 2022

Thanks for the encouragement! As a newbie to Trello I’m still feeling less than confident - my attempts seem clunky and  my format/template card is too “heavy”.

I’m guessing some of my line entries ( fields as soon as I decide on the upgrade) would be better if left off the card and used as lists instead. Particularly the invoice status lines. A1C9CA0D-08EB-4F38-BA28-525C79B7AC7F.png9676473E-7F6B-4983-A80A-50B1AAFBA757.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2022

Have you thought about using custom fields to help break the data up?  You would not have to do a single field for each section but you might look at adding a few to make it easier to read. https://help.trello.com/article/1067-using-custom-fields

Like DocDRM likes this
DocDRM April 21, 2022

Yes - good call on that one - I mentioned that in OP. Almost ready to try the temporary upgrade then get paid version so I can. 

but I am lazy . . . I just figured someone was already doing this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events