Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I just started using Trello and before I dive in, can a board be filed away and saved?

To be more descriptive.  I am a stay at home mom of 4 who also runs my own business. Trello seems like a good solution to some productivity problems I have been having.  Here is an example of a board I would like to create, use, then save.  Christmas!  I would like a working board for Christmas but then once the season is over I don't need to see it anymore.  But next year I would like to pull it back out and look at it.  Can that be done in Trello?  I just started using this software today.

2 answers

1 vote

Yes.  Archive it.  Just like archiving email in Gmail, it is still there, and you can unarchive it later.  Hope that helps!

0 votes
Laura Holton Community Leader Dec 07, 2021

Hi @Stephanie Avance 👋

Welcome to the Community! Great question and I've got to say you are a perfect use case for Trello and once you start you'll be waving goodbye to those productivity questions, trust me!

So, short answer is yes it can be done. Longer answer you can choose to close a board at any point but Trello in general works on the basis that nothing is gone forever. Don't get me wrong there are ways to complete delete cards, boards and workspaces but you have to take that extra step to do so. Before that everything just gets archived in case you need to pull it back at any given moment 😊

In terms of your Christmas board you can have it up and going this year, archive it which moves it to a section called 'Your Closed Boards', next year you can go into your closed boards and pull it back out to start again. Additionally you could make the board a template which you could then just create a new board each year with the set up you want to start with... Trello has endless possibilities!

I hope this helps (amidst my rambling) but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

A Trello template to help you clean up your Confluence Space

Calling all Trello + Confluence users! We're celebrating all things Work and Wellness in our Confluence collection, where our team has been sharing activities to create more mindfulness around the ...

964 views 4 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events