Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought Trello Business but my account has not upgraded from the free service

Stan L_ VanderWerf June 27, 2020

I just bought Trello Business but my account has not upgraded from the free service. I still have all the restrictions of the free service.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2020

Can you make sure the board you are using is INSIDE the team that you purchased Business Class on?

https://help.trello.com/article/752-changing-the-team-to-which-a-board-belongs

This doesn't make sense in my situation. I am the only member on my team. I am using Trello for personal task management. I am not interfacing with anyone else via Trello. So there is only one team and its a team of one. Yet, I remain limited on the number of boards I can use.

Additionally, I cannot find anywhere in the app a way to confirm that I am running on the business version? I think this is strange.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2020

Think of the Team as a workspace or a folder.  The Team is what was upgraded to business class.  Regardless of how many people you are using it with, you have to put your boards into the team you have upgraded.  

If you click the Home icon in top left -> it will list your teams on the left side. Click one and select Settings. At the top you should see tabs that will show you if you’ve upgraded the team to Business Class or not. 

Thanks but this is now even more confusing. So thanks for finding the teams that I created. I have 9 teams....but these, for me, are just different categories of personal tasks. So, come of these don't have a board limit (I think three of the 9) but the others have a 10 board limit. Am I going to have to pay $119 dollars a year to upgrade each team? It is apparent to me I have no idea what I actually bought. Thought this was an upgrade for my use of Trello....not an upgrade of a PART of my use of Trello.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2020

I can help you fix that but you’ll need to make some changes. You want to find the ONE team you upgraded to business class earlier and move your boards into that team. I would delete the other teams. You don’t need them and the way Trello works you don’t want to use them as categories for your personal tasks. 

Thanks Michael,

I am a little frustrated by this. I did NOT know when I bought the business service that this would apply to only one team. Why doesn't it apply to one person vice one team? This most certainly was NOT clear when I bought the service.

I also have an interest in multiple layers of separation of my tasks. So at the team level, I have my personal, business (three businesses), athletic, campaign, and other categories of tasks. 

If I move these tasks to a single team, I loose the ability to separate these boards into categories. This is a stupid approach because using the teams approach to separate tasks is a capability of Trello that I will lose by upgrading. 

Do you have an approach to separating these boards into separate categories as a replacement for not being able to use teams for this purpose?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events