Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hope to set up an automation where individuals are able to gain access to a private 1on1 board

camdunkerley January 24, 2021

Is it possible with the free version of Trello and using a single trigger to complete the following steps as a single step:
1. create a new team
2. copy a template board to that new team
3. make that board private
4. add myself and individual who requests access to that board
5. restrict adding/removing members to admin (myself)

I hope to set up an automation where individuals are able to gain access to this board through ideally a link.

The goal of the trigger is so that I don't have to consistently duplicate, send & give access to each person who requests it.

1 answer

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2021

Welcome! Thanks for your interest - I'm afraid this is a bit outside the scope of what we can do using our automations. Butler (our automation tool) is designed to help automate actions within established boards, so the majority of board and team management tasks like these would need to be done by hand.

If you're savvy with writing scripts, this may be something you could do through our API, but that would require development resources on your side to set up. If that's of interest to you, you can find more details on our API here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-actions/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events