Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I have no idea how to manage data in multiple departments

I am working in headquarters of a hospital corporation which has several hospitals.  Personally I like this web-application of Trello. However I don't know whether it fits for our corporation. The headquarters has several departments like Accounting, Human Resource, General Affairs and so on. I am a member of General affairs.

My question is that this application is working like a kind of file server, or not. Now we have each folder and within each department we can access the data. And we can't access the folder the other department owns. 

In addition, we are almost Japanese men and women and am worried about the support trello provides.

thank you for reading.

yosi

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader Jan 28, 2021

Hi @河野義一 welcome to the Trello Atlassian community.

Here is the high level view about Trello from their website:

Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.

Imagine a white board, filled with lists of sticky notes, with each note as a task for you and your team. Now imagine that each of those sticky notes has photos, attachments from other data sources like BitBucket or Salesforce, documents, and a place to comment and collaborate with your teammates.

Now imagine that you can take that whiteboard anywhere you go on your smartphone, and can access it from any computer through the web.

Please have a look at these reference links and support:

Guide: https://trello.com/guide

Trello supporting team: https://trello.com/contact?nosearch=1&source=from%20helpsite%20beacon#/

If my response assist your query, kindly upvote and "accept answer" for the benefit of new members.

I'm sorry that your answer is not a little bit what I expected. In some case each department would like to set the barrier to the other department and in the other case it would not.

So I wonder whether it would be better to change the right to access the information case by case from the full access to none.

thank you.

Like G subramanyam likes this

@河野義一 

Sometimes, it is best to get to talk to people who had used it in similar settings. For Trello there are some simple rule you can apply to such setting is that membership on a board means you can see very thing on the board. Making a call visible for a team, means people on the team can see the card but cannot change it. Typically it that situation you want to make sure only the admin can allow people to join the board. I can go on but these are the 3 rules when considering how to apply to your organisation. 

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,615 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you