Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have boards I have spent MONTHS adding info to that have disappearded! How can I find them?

Erin Birch August 25, 2019

I have spent months adding info to several boards that have completely disappeared! Even boards I share with clients where I have been adding info for them for like 6 months. GONE!!! Are they hiding somewhere or what? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I have told all my clients and team to use Trello and now I'm not so sure it's a good idea!

2 answers

1 vote
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Hi @Erin Birch your boards may have been archived accidentally. Try this and let me know if that works:

1. Click the boards button in the upper right.
  2. Click View Closed Boards (at the bottom)
  3. Find the board you'd like to re-open, and click the Re-open button.

You may also have the filter on, have a look at the title bar and see if you it says filter is on, if so click x to remove it and your cards should come back if you do have that feature on.

Let me know if this helps,

Jodi

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Why is your boards button upper right? :oO Mine is top left....?

Didn't know the filter! Handy!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2019

Oops, must need more coffee. Mine is upper left as well - also I am a lefty so everything feels backwards in this world lol

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Erin Birch August 26, 2019

Hi Jodi! No, the missing boards are NOT archived. And no, I do not have any filters on. Any other suggestions? I'm so bummed! I had months worth of written content in those boards. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2019

So sorry to hear that Erin, hopefully we can get our cards and boards recovered as you spent so much time creating all that content. Couple of questions for you:

Have you tried logging in and back out?

What browser are you using?

Have you tried logging in to another computer with another browser to see if you can see the cards? 

Can your colleagues or clients see the information you have added on the shared boards, or has this information disappeared for them as well?

I have not heard of this happening before, I will check with the Trello team once I have your answers above.

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

Hi @Erin Birch were you able to get your boards back after troubleshooting the steps above?
Thanks,

Jodi

Erin Birch August 27, 2019

Hey Jodi! No, I was not. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2019

Thanks @Erin Birch as mentioned I am happy to help if you are able to answer the questions above. If you prefer you can also go to Trello Support directly at support@trello.com

Thanks and hope this issue is resolved for you soon.

Jodi

Erin Birch August 28, 2019

I am using Chrome and my client can no longer see the board either. The others lost were my personal boards. 

0 votes
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2019

Firstly, you are wise to tell them to use Trello. Our Dev team is using Ikea's Trello for continuous development on the world's #1 Retail AR app (millions of downloads...) so safe to say it is SAFE.

That said.... wow. That's an interesting predicament.... ! :oO
You can just magically VANISH boards without some form of archiving.

Under "Boards" top left, first check if you haven't closed them by accident by scrolling all the way down and selecting "See closed boards":

trello.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events