I have all my labels in all my boards (>100) = I would like to have individial labels per board...

tim mueller April 24, 2019

I have all my labels in all my boards (>100) = I would like to have individial labels per board..

I would like to have some labels on board a, some on b etc.

how can I do that?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

@tim mueller what happens is that when cards move between boards, any labels that are on the card will be created in the new board.

As you move cards around, the labels will get mixed together, and yes if you're a heavy user of labels in lots of different boards, that list will wind up being confusing and long.

There's no good way around it, except maybe to have an API script that would tidy/reset labels across all boards according to some "template" on a daily basis, eg. every day at 5am.

I'm not sure if that would solve the issue for you ... 

Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2019

@Iain Dooley I completely forgot about that bit of detail about labels! I don't move cards a lot, and when I do they don't always have labels, so I forgot that's how they work too. This could be what may be happening here too. 

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
tim mueller April 26, 2019

thank you all. that helped to understand.

But then it should be possible to delete some labels on board a) while keeping them in b), or?

best

lutz

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2019

@tim mueller yep that's right you can delete labels from one board and it won't have any impact outside of that board

0 votes
Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2019

That's interesting. 🤔 Labels you create for a board shouldn't carry over to other boards, at least for the Free Trello account.

To clarify, if you'll create a new label (green, and named "apple") for Board A, does this same "apple"label appear in Board B or Board C? 

0 votes
tim mueller April 25, 2019

Hi,

i can assign different, yes. But my list of available labels is huge, even if I don’t need all the labels On all the boards. 

So ideally in board a) I would like to see 10 labels to choose from, on board b) another 10 etc. 

Now i have all labels available on all boards. The list of labels gets confusing long... 

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2019

@tim muellerCan you elaborate a bit?  It seems to me you are free to add specific labels to specific boards only.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events