Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a question about the watch feature. Is it possible to only watch the guests?

Freedom Home Advantage October 26, 2021

I have boards that have members and guests, I was hoping there's a way to just watch and get notified what the guests are changing or adding and not be notified of what the actual members do on the board?  Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2021

Not really.  You are watching the board, the lists, or the cards.  Any actions on them will be sent through.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

@Michael Pryor  - If we set a rule with the guests name in the board and check the actions  - suppose card changes, dates, checklist etc then the rule should trigger notifications on based on the actions by guests. I can just try this same as PoC in one of my boards but I think it would work. Please let me know if I have misunderstood.

Thanks, I'll try that. I appreciate your answers! :)

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

Hi @Freedom Home Advantage ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Could you write a butler rule for guests in the board and select the desired action like changing or adding etc?

Please let me know if that helps.

I tried to look at the rules for butler, but on the trigger there was no option for changes made by the "guest".  The only options I had were by me, by anyone and by anyone expect me. It would have been great to have the option targeted to a specific guest or member. My hope is just to see the Guests actions.

If you have other ideas I can try I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks again!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2021

@Freedom Home Advantage  - I think one way to add those guests by those usernames. I have not tried this by myself but you can check and let me know if it works. I know this is not quite smart way to achieve but you can try at least.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events