Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand what a Guest is

Chip Morris May 19, 2020

We are a three-person organization. I am likely the only one that will use Trello. I am planning on upgrading to Business Class for the Power-Ups and Butler. 

Can someone explain to me what a Guest is and what they are allowed—and not allowed—to do.

It's quite possible that as I get more involved with Trello the other two people will want to look at my Boards and maybe even post to them in order to assign me a task. 

Thank you.

Chip

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

@Chip Morris a guest is anyone who is a member of one or more boards that belong to a team, but who are not members of the team.

You can have single board guests which as the name suggests are guests on only one board, or multi-board guests who are members of more than one board in a team.

Single board guests are not billed, multi-board guests are billed.

Chip Morris May 20, 2020

@Iain Dooley Sorry, I'm still not clear. What can a team member do that a guest can't? Can you help me understand by putting it into a real-life situation?

I created a board called Monthly Goals. These are my goals that have been set either by me or by my boss, Sav. If Sav wants to add cards to the board can he do that as a guest? What would he want to have to do that would bump him up to a team member and start paying for access?

I also work with Kate. We share projects but I manage them. Can she have low-level access to the board without getting charged?

I've read the documentation but I just am not picking up on it. 

I appreciate your help.

Chip

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

@Chip Morris the level of access is basically the same for any board member regardless of whether or not they are a team member.

if someone is on your team then they can see boards that are team viewable without being a member of them and you can set it so they can comment on those.

but if you are only working with a few people, don’t need more than one power up, don’t need administrative controls etc you can just use Trello with a free team or with personal boards.

Chip Morris May 20, 2020

@Iain Dooley Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events