Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot move lists by drag and drop to boards that are starred.

Diane Thomas July 25, 2019

I cannot move lists by drag and drop to boards that are starred.  Why is that? If I can "move" them to  a starred board, why can't I drag and drop it.  Does not make sense to me.

1 answer

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2019

Hi Diane,

When it comes to moving cards and lists to different boards, for now, this is an action that must be done using the Move or Copy functions.

I'm curious if you're using Trello in the Desktop app or in your web browser? I can see dragging & dropping content between boards could be useful in the Desktop app - if that's your use case, share a little more info about what you'd envision with drag & drop between boards and I'll let the team know you'd like to see it.

To confirm, right now, you can drag & drop cards and lists when you're viewing a single board to rearrange the card and list order, but it's not possible to drag & drop cards and lists to a new board. You'll need to use the Move or Copy button to bring content to different boards:

Diane Thomas July 31, 2019

Thank you!  Yes, I am using Desktop in a web browser.  The boards I have starred are constant, they will never change and we move lists  about between all these boards.  I keep the boards menu open and they are sorted and it would be so fast and easy to move these lists by dragging to the appropriate board that's right there where I can see it :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events