Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't open excell files (XLS or XLSX) on my android phone?

Nick Van leeuwen December 4, 2020

-I have google spreasdsheets and office app on my phone. My colleagues with android have the same problem

- I can find anything in settings about it?

- Is there a solutions for this?

2 answers

0 votes
Valeria Batalka September 1, 2023

Hey Nick Van Leeuwen,

I totally get your frustration with trying to open Excel files on your Android phone. It's one of those seemingly simple things that can turn into a real headache. I've been there myself, and it's not fun when your colleagues are facing the same issue.

First off, let's try to troubleshoot this. It's great that you have Google Spreadsheets and the Office app on your phone. Here's a solution that might work:

1. Sync Offline Data: If you have any offline data in your Excel app, make sure it's synced first. Sometimes, issues can arise if there are unsynced changes.

2. Log Out and Clear Cache: Next, log out of your Excel app, and then go to your phone's settings. Find the app in the list, clear its cache and data. This essentially resets the app to its default settings.

3. Restart and Log In: After clearing the cache and data, restart your app and log in again. This clean slate approach often helps in resolving such issues.

Give this a shot, and hopefully, it should solve your problem. Android can be a bit quirky sometimes, but this method often does the trick.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Hi @Nick Van leeuwen ,

Welcome to the community!

So the problem was with the default app set!

Just sync any offline data if you have, then log out of your account, clear cache & data from the app and then restart your app and log into your account and then give it a try!

Also clear cache & data of the excel viewer app that you are using in your android device!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events