I can't log in via F2A!

Eve January 25, 2020

I recently upgraded my iPhone and I didn't know that the Microsoft Authenticator app doesn't automatically include itself in the iCloud backup. 

So when I got my new phone and loaded from my backup, it had deleted all of my authenticator details - one of which, is Trello. 

I thought, ah, no probs - I'll edit my 2FA options in Trello.com, and then generate a new QR code through there. But, to get to the 2FA options on Trello.com, I need to generate an authenticator code. But I can't generate an authenticator code, because the account has been deleted. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

Without access to that app you can use the backup codes to log into your account and make changes. When you set up 2FA, you were given a set of backup codes to print/download, which are the primary recovery method for your account. They can be used in the same way as a code that would be app generated.

If that does not work for you, please reach out to trello.com/contact from the email address registered in your account.

Eve January 27, 2020

I realised ... about an hour after I'd put this message up in a blind panic, that I had been given backup codes. One of those did indeed get me back in. 

Phew! 

Thank you for the response! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events