Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't go back to old theme (button disappeared)

Shiro Akai June 16, 2023

Today I noticed the theme has changed to the new one, and I can't go back to the classic one because the button disappeared from the theme menu.

I don't want the new theme because labels has changed the colors and new ones are very hard to distinguish. For example yellow and orange colors are very similar, I'm not colorblind, but I found very hard to distinguish between them if they are not in the same card. Also tones of green changed, the first green is more like old last green (number 8) and vice verse.

Also, with new label colors, it's difficult to read the text inside the label. I think it's a pity that anybody noticed that and fixed before changing the theme, if I have problems with that, for people with visual disabilities the difficulties will be harder...

I'ts possible to go back to the old theme?

no button.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2023

Hi @Shiro Akai ,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that you can't revert to original theme after 15th June.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/The-end-of-an-era-bidding-farewell-to-Trello-s-original-theme/ba-p/2387030

Hope it helps!

Thomas Holmes June 16, 2023

Thanks for the reply, @Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket] 

I ended up here because I have almost exactly the same concern @Shiro Akai expressed in their post with the difficulty of distinguishing colours. Especially as I make heavy use of a red-orange-yellow colour coding scheme to help me prioritize tasks at a glance. Personally this is harder for me now as the yellow and orange are a lot closer in hue and harder for me to distinguish from each other. (I also don't really like the new colour pallet, but that is beside the point.)

The blog post you linked says,

"We’ve heard and have taken note of some of your concerns and suggestions, and we wanted to let you know that we’re on it! We're working hard on updates to colors like yellow, orange, red, and dark gray, so stay tuned for more updates over the coming weeks."

Considering those updates may take weeks, would it be possible to restore the "old theme" button while concerns with the colour pallet are addressed? I feel like that would be a compromise that keeps everyone working successfully.

For me personally, doing that would save me from having to go through my items to change to more high contrast colour options. I'm not married to the red-orange-yellow visual coding, but all my work is already set up with it and I'd rather not have to re-work my organizational system if I don't absolutely have to.

Shiro Akai June 19, 2023

Thank you for the information @Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket] .

I hope the changes on colours that @Thomas Holmes  said will be available soon... If not it would be nice to have the option to go back to the old theme.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events