Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a sole proprietor, and I want to use Trello for project management with clients

Maribeth Moore November 12, 2020

I am a sole proprietor, and I want to use Trello with my clients so they can check on the progress at any time. Would I be able to do that on the free version? I just put out a bunch of money already, and am hoping to be able to hold off on this purchase until I'm established. Also, if I do have to go to the paid version, do I have to pay for each client to have access as well?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

Yes, you can add as many people as you want to your boards. The people you add directly to your boards will only be able to see the boards you add them to. 

Free Teams (later called workspaces) can have ten boards. Paid teams have no board limit. 

We do not charge you for collaborators on a single board.  So as long as you have one board for your clients, you wouldn’t pay for them when you upgrade. If you collaborate with them on more than one board then you would pay for them. 

Maribeth Moore November 12, 2020

Thank you! That is very, very helpful!

Like Michael Pryor likes this
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Hi @Maribeth Moore and @Michael Pryor ,

I think you can use Hipporello for this purpose as well. I don't know how your flow is starting, but with Hipporello you can design a form to let your clients to create a Trello card from the form. Then they will be able to track the created card from a well-designed help/service desk portal. For each submission, you can add automation rules like send a message like "Your request is received..." after the form submitted. Your client can only see the case s/he created. 

You can also, forward your emails to Hipporello to create cards from emails. 

Once the card is created, you can do further communication with your clients on Trello card by using the reply function of Hiporello. Each response from your client to email will be added as a reply to Trello card too.

Please check our website for more details. Hipporello is a service desk specifically designed for Trello users to empower them.

https://www.hipporello.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events