Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Bought gold then reached limatations Now members can not use Trello until the end of the month.

Gary Knowles May 7, 2020

I come across Trello & I Was Amazed how good this is.

So I paid for the gold & after test it out to see how it could be used in our company.
I spent 2 days playing with it & setting ut up for our company & was amazed by how good this is.

Then I hit a limit on how many times I can run Buttler & the Automations.
Now we cant use it at all?

I am so peed off as the amount of time I spent setting this up & then I find out there where limits. I did not see this warning in the glossy Advertisement.

I have paid for gold and upgraded to the 14 days business plan & still, we can't use this at all as it will not allow users to move cards.

How do we go about a refund as can not wait for o one month before we can use this?
I had to find an alternative which we about to start testing, But I rather use your system.

Please can you let me know as quickly as possible, please?
I have invested a lot of time into this app & I love it Shame I have to move to ClickUp.

Best Regards

Gary

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

If you emailed support, it probably bounced back and suggested you post here, but you can still reach support by logging a case at trello.com/contact

That will be the quickest way to help you because I don't have any of your account info to do a refund atm.

For posterity sake, here's an article on the automation limits:

https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas

Gary Knowles May 7, 2020

Thanks, for that.

It would have been nice if Trello included these limitations in their advertisement.

If I have known this before this would of help when we were running tests.  before our team moves to Trello.

Regards

Gary

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

We can adjust your quota for the month - but I would need you to contact us via the form so we can get your email and look up your account.  Or we can give you a refund, it's entirely up to you. I'm so sorry for the trouble and understand your frustration.

Like # people like this
Gary Knowles May 7, 2020

Can I Submit my email here on this board?

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2020

@Gary Knowles Hey, Gary! I removed your email, as it's best not to post that in a public forum. You can share more details with Support.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

@Gary Knowles Hey Gary,

3 things:

1) When you upgrade to Business Class, your quota should update immediately and the quotas on BC are far more generous than Gold -- that's not to say you can't still run out but it's unlikely you would have run out immediately that you updated, the quota for BC is on a per team member basis, too so the bigger the team the more quota you get

2) If you're saying that you can't *move* cards, that is nothing to do with Butler quota. What you're probably experiencing is the fact that team members must also be *board* members before they can interact with a board. You can set a board to be team visible, allow users to self join, comment or add others, you can read more about board permissions here:

https://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board

You can also invite users to your boards to save them having to self-join. This is a common error when people first set up their team.

3) As your automations increase in complexity and your team scales its usage, you may find that even with BC you run out of quota, in that case you can go to Enterprise (I'd recommend it anyway if you have > 20 people because of the extra security features, premium support, unlimited teams and domain white listing) but you can also implement some of your heavy use automations via the API directly either through the REST API or as custom power ups. I created an open source framework for creating Buter-like automations in Google Apps Script and used it to port a bunch of Butler Bot commands (the precursor to the Butler version you see now), you can read about it here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Gary Knowles May 7, 2020

We have done have 7 members & they could move cards ok and make changes.

Now they can only move cards on their boards & not the team's boards?

We were heavily testing this. If I'm going to move a big team to this I need to know if it's going to do the job, & once we start It will be very time consuming to move to another platform, Maybe our testing was too intense?

Thanks for your help.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2020

They just need to JOIN the board in order to move cards.

https://help.trello.com/article/1090-unable-to-edit-a-team-board

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

@Gary Knowles the testing wasn't too intense, BC will almost certainly have enough Butler quota for your initial implementation. Enterprise is a better option long term by the sounds of things anyway, but BC is a good start and you wouldn't have exhausted the quota right out of the gate.

I think the fact that you noticed people not being able to edit team boards at the same time as you were notified about exceeding the Butler quota was a coincidence and you thought one had caused the other.

You should move to Trello it's absolutely awesome :)

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2020

Hi Gary,

you might want to reach out to Atlassian Support for help with this.

Gary Knowles May 7, 2020

I did but it said my request was Closed & ask me to ask here.

This is looking bad. I will try again before reporting this to PayPal.
Maybe there is something I'm overlooking.

I have a very big team Trello will miss out on over 1,000 a year from my team.

Shame really as we love Trello but with these limitations, I cant see how we could use this.  I'm really hoping there is something I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your reply,

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2020

let me see if I can get someone to respond here. Generally when a user is redirected here it is because they are on a free version of software. So a bit confused here.

Gary Knowles May 7, 2020

Thank you for your help.

I did contact support but it was very confusing I did manage to submit a request,
but there was no options for Trello?

I did get a reply with a ticket number.

Thanks for your support,

& Keep safe, Regards Gary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events