Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink Library for Users

Derek Curtis January 24, 2018

Is is possible to put a hyperlink library on a page, just like a document library, and allow users to easily create a list of hyperlinks?  For example, a user that does not have rights to edit a page has a section (library?) in which they can create links.  I don't want to do a library and have the users create a desktop shortcut - all that does is download the shortcut anyway, not link to the site.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Hi Derek,

I'm not sure what you mean by library, so I'm not sure what exactly your envisioning, but you can attach a series of links to any Trello card, though only board members that are able to edit cards are able to attach those links.

If someone has access to view a board, but not edit it, they'd be able to see and access any links already on a card, but they couldn't add any of their own.

Can you tell me any more about what you're looking for?

Derek Curtis January 26, 2018

Thanks Michael - we have several sections (think Trello cards, but not (yet) using Trello) on a page.  One of those sections is titled "Helpful Links"; the goal is to have users be able to add links to that section without having to edit the page.

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2018

Hi Derek,

If I understand correctly, this isn't regarding Trello, is that right?

What sort of page are you referring to?

Derek Curtis January 28, 2018

Correct, not Trello.  The page is just the run-of-the-mill page that serves as a space landing page, with several sections, such as the blog post macro to show recent posts, attachments macro to show recent files uploaded, etc.  The request is also to have a 'useful links' section that would allow users to put links in that section, but not be able to edit the rest of the page.

Mike
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2018

Got it—I think you'll want to ask this in the Confluence section. In the Trello section, most of us will only be best able to help with Trello!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events