Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to work around "Unable to get board lock for list creation" 429 error?

Edited

We have a cron job configured to archive columns and move them to another board on a monthly schedule, and our job retries several times over a couple minute period to accomplish this (creating a single list on an existing board), but we are receiving a 429 error with the message: "Unable to get board lock for list creation" and error: "LOCK_TAKEN". In the docs, it says that 429 errors are typically reserved for rate limiting API requests per token, but it does not appear that there are other requests with this token around the time that the request is made. I want to confirm that this is a separate issue from rate limiting and see if there is there a recommended way to work around this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2021

Hey @Scott Thomas 

Hm, I think this would be a really great question to share in our developer community.

We have a number of Trello Engineers that are active there, and I'm sure they or some of the community champions would be happy to give some more detail around that 429 error.

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/c/trello

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,392 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you