How to use specific items on cards to determine a weekly total of that information

susan2 February 16, 2022

We use trello for production and it has been wonderful. We use the calendar power up for deliveries as jobs are completed. Essentially our due date is more of a delivery date and we base production off of the deliveries for the upcoming week or two. To take things to the next level, we would like to take key pieces of information from the cards (job name, due date, and board footage) to somehow use it to see a board footage weekly running total that can help us visualize the future weeks, where we can add more jobs to production, or realize when we are too full based on our production limits. Any ideas how we can accomplish this? We currently have a spreadsheet that tracks the job name, due date, and board footage information.

4 answers

0 votes
Adam Perry February 16, 2022

i am working with susan2 on this board, and we are trying to figure out the sum of a specific custom field for specific cards. ex  the sum of bdft(custom field) for cards with dew dates between sunday- sunday equal 12345????

Cynthia Brown February 17, 2022

@susan2 @Adam Perry 

Thank you for asking this question. The Dashcard is turning out to be really useful on my end.

One tip since it took me a few minutes to figure out...

If you want the Dashcard to display the numeric sum of your custom field (bdft/board footage) instead of the card count, you have to:

- Open the Dashcard

- Scroll down and select "Explore and Edit"

- Then go to the Metrics tab and select the numerics field.Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 2.12.58 PM.png

Like Oscar Triscon likes this
0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2022

It sounds like a good use case for Dashcards: https://trello.com/power-ups/6048e897c73d032a983e2a7c/dashcards

susan2 February 16, 2022

Thanks, I will check that one out as well!

Cynthia Brown February 16, 2022

It doesn't appear that the Dashcards support custom fields. I'm not sure if that's an issue when it comes to pulling your board footage.

So many great ways to work with data in Trello though!

Oscar Triscon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2022

Dashcards supports computation of the sum, average, minimum and maximum on numeric custom fields.

I didn't realize custom fields was a filter. Will go check it out - would love to use the Dashcards.

Grateful to susan2 for bringing this topic up!

Cynthia Brown February 17, 2022

@Oscar Triscon I was confusing the Trello Dashboard with Dashcards, hence the confusion over custom fields. Dashcards are a great tool - have already found several applications including a sum originating with a custom field. Thanks again for the clarification.

Like Oscar Triscon likes this
0 votes

Have you worked with the Screenful Dashboard power-up? I just started using it for a consulting project - the need on my end is to manipulate a few data points into a visual overview which sounds similar to what you want. Based on my tinkering so far, the power-up does seem able to pull from custom fields and other chosen data points to create different types of visualizations.

susan2 February 16, 2022

Thanks so much for replying, we will take a look at that! Have a great day!

Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2022

@susan2 @Cynthia Brown the Blue Cat Reports power-up is also a good option for reporting on custom field data. Happy to give you a quick demo if you want to grab a time from my calendar https://calendly.com/robinwarren/30min :)

0 votes
susan2 February 16, 2022

I should have mentioned that our job name is in the title on the card, and our board footage is a custom field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events