How to turn off naging popup "Create Team"

akptc December 19, 2019

I have a few personal boards, no teams defined. A few days ago a Trello popup started appearing every few minutes. It says

------------------------

Create Team

You are a pro at collaboration!

Create a free Team to get better organization, Slack integration, and more!

[ Name your Team ] 

------------------------

There is no apparent way to stop this popup w/out creating a team. I do not want a team. I understand Atlassian wants to monetize my account and they may be tired of offering free boards - why not just say so. 

** Is there  a way to stop the nagging message?

3 answers

0 votes
akptc February 8, 2020

You know, these nagging popups have become really really annoying. But more than that, they are actually preventing me from using Trello in some instances. For example, if I want to click on a link pointing to a Trello card, the popup will appear and the card I was about o see will close so I see only the entore board of cards and now need to find the right card visually. 

This very unprofessional!

Plus, I already HAVE create a team but I guess as long a sI have any private board, this will not stop. 

Well, ATLASSIAN, I am tired of your cheap tricks. I am gone.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2019

@akptc no way to stop it other than paying for a team as far as I can see. My guess is that they applied the team based board limit to increase paid accounts, but so many people use personal boards they'll never get triggered to upgrade so they're trying to get more boards into teams.

akptc December 19, 2019

Thank you, that's what it looks like to me.

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019
akptc December 19, 2019

Thank you but I am not sure how this addresses my problem..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events