cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync attachments between cards with Butler

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2022

I really only need a one-way sync, so I'm hoping Butler would work for this, but I'm trying to create a rule so that when an attachment is added to a card, Butler finds the first card linked, and adds the attachment to that linked card.

I got really close because I can find the attachment link and add that link as an attachment to the link card, but for things like images, this isn't seen as an image link so is therefore not reviewable and also not treated as a downloadable item from the File Manager Power-Up. 

Anyone know how to do this, aside from using Unito?

1 answer

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2022

@Brittany Joiner 

I wrote a simple program to support this requirement but I have not deployed it on my new trello services platform (https://github.com/xu2xulim/Superhero). I will see if I can get it deployed over the next few days.

My earlier sync custom power up does support attachments but I am not reactivating that project at this point.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2022

@milynnus that would be cool!! 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2022

@Brittany Joiner 

Migrated over to the new platform. I did my own testing but you may want to test it. Note that it is not a sync but allows you to copy attachments from one card to another. Note that if you have many and or large attachment, the endpoint may time out. 

https://github.com/xu2xulim/Superhero/blob/master/Superhero%20on%20deta/Micros/Attachments.md

PS Note that the treatment of files by Trello remains unchanged.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2022

@milynnus do you have any docs on how to consume this? (Trying to figure out how to set it up and test it on my end.)

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2022

@Brittany Joiner 

The only documentation is on GitHub. Just started to to use it. I will work to improve my documentation. Essential that repository is just a collection of xxx,md filed to document each api. When it click on Code it will show more folders and file. The link is above.

This example is for a case where you create a new card and you want to bring the attachments over.

when custom field "CF_Checkbox" is checked in a card with a name containing "{* }OST{*}", create a new card with title "With {triggercardname}" in list "Up Next", post to url "https://moklxc.deta.dev/copy_attachments?api_key=14a2c........21d7&token=be9f2f1...............cb4" with payload "{"card_id" : "{triggercardidlong}", "alt_card_id" : "{newcardidlong}"}", and uncheck custom field "CF_Checkbox"

PS this project is only a few days old and if you encounter any issue do let me know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events