Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to set up quarters/trimesters/just put the month?

I find the start date/due date a very limited. Is there a way to set up quarters/trimesters/and put simply the month without a date?

If not, I think this should just be added as a basic feature with the dates.

1 answer

@B 

You might want read this page on Formatting dates 

https://help.trello.com/article/1159-arithmetic-in-date-variables

Read it. Doesn't seem to really help me. If it does, I'm not seeing it. 

@B 

So it depends on your specific requirement. So for example when you set a due date you want to move it to Deadline <July> then you use {cardduedate~Mo} as part of list name in Butler move action like Deadline {cardduedue~Mo}. Likewise you can do adjust the date to be next Monday and keep it in a CF.  (Please check for actual syntax)

I'm so new. :( 

Butler move action? I feel like an idiot. So I saw butler button and clicked on it. Selected the due date tab,  it is in date to make these commands. I see "select date trigger." Basically, some things have specific dates. Some things the date is not known yet but the month is. Some things only the quarter is known. This doesn't rewrite the entire date system so I can't make specific dates, can it?

@B 

You can use custom field if you need another date field. 

I tried custom field, it wouldn't let me due the month only. How do I put in the command for {cardduedue~Mo} in the custom fields due date?

@B 

In that case when you set you due date, set the custom field to that variable but this would be just a text custom field. Do take time to explore Butler. It should cover 80-90 of what you need to do. Just be aware that it does not and if else type requirements nor using a date value of one card for another just to cite two that is faced by many people. Happy learning. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,666 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you