Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to safely work with JIRA

菊池竜也 November 30, 2020

We'd like to work Trello with JIRA.
But we required protect some confidential information in local server.

So, we'd like to ask you how to Trello work with JIRA only local server.
We must avoid saving outside local sever our some confidential information.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

Hi @菊池竜也 ,

Welcome to the community!

Well, you can use Jira offline for the next few months because everyone is moving to Jira Cloud!

Trello can't be saved offline, Trello online boards can be saved offline! but if any documents/files are attached to the Trello board then it will sync with the online board!

If you ask for security both Jira Cloud and Trello are safe to use!

菊池竜也 December 1, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

We use Jira Server in my company.
Is jira offline same as Jira Server?
We can't upload confidential information Jira Cloud because Jira Cloud is outside of my company.
So, we'd like to know how to use Trello safely.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

"offline" is a terrible word to describe this.  Offline means "my client computer is not connected to a network", it's not a description of a piece of software.

Trello, Jira Cloud and Jira server all provide services you connect to over a network (usually the internet)

Trello and Jira Cloud are run on servers by Atlassian, you have no control over those servers and you need to use the internet to connect to them.  Jira Server can be run on your own hardware (or cloud service providers such as AWS), and you can choose to run them "behind the firewall" if you want.

I am not sure what you mean by "safely" though?

菊池竜也 December 1, 2020

OK.

I understood we have to store data on Atlassian's servers when we use Trello.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Yes.

Do you still need anything about "safely"?

菊池竜也 December 2, 2020

No, I satisfied.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @菊池竜也 ,

Trello is a fully online tool and a board can be saved offline but if you upload any files into it it will sync the whole board online!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events