Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict someone to update a card

Philippe Vergne April 25, 2020

Hye everyone. Il would like to know how to prevent some one to modify my card or to move my card in trello.

Thks

Philippe

1 answer

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2020

Hi @Philippe Vergne ,

Just visit below link and follow the steps to restrict someone to update a card!

https://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board

Philippe Vergne April 25, 2020

Hello thank's for the link very clear and useful. I have a further in deeph use cases.

Can I restrict that on a given card as a responbible to move card from ideas to accepted to trigger further work I can prevent that some one of  the team can do it as well?

Is it also possible to prenvent someone to modify the fields of the card I have created?

Ths

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2020

Hey @Philippe Vergne ,

Just change the permission of the card and members of the team. 

In future updates you might prevent someone to modify the fields of the card!

For now just change the cards and members permissions in Trello!

Like # people like this
Philippe Vergne April 29, 2020

Hi Smoumy, I did what you said card permission set to me and another team mate had written in my card and the type of the array is permission team. I should have missed something ?

Do you have a tuto for example

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2020

Hi @Philippe Vergne ,

you have to figure it out by change different permissions which suits you best!

I don't have any tutorial!

Apparently here is a comment, do you have impliemented new features since Jan 2019

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Trello-card-level-permissions/qaq-p/979670

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2020

You can change user level permission! There have multiple updates since Jan-2019 but I don't think that card level permission is available.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events