It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to receive notification in the moment when card is automatically created by Card Repeater Edited

So my use case is the following. 

I have a repeated card (via Card Repeater). It's created every day at 20:00. And I want to get the notification when this card is created.
I'm using Butler's rule to automatically set a due date to "now" for such newly created cards. But the problem is that default notification is set to be 24 hours before the due so I'm not getting one. 

Question is, how can I receive the notification right in the moment when the task is created?

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett Atlassian Team Aug 01, 2019

Hey @Георгий Ермаков 

The due date reminder time can be adjusted to notify you the moment it's due, however Butler currently doesn't have an action that can do that for you.

For now, you'd need to adjust the reminder on that due date manually after Butler adds the due date. I know this doesn't really help, since you'd already be aware of the card being created.

I'd recommend adding an action to that command to send an email to you with a link to the card. Here's an example:

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 1.26.35 PM.png

@Garrett 

Thanks for your reply. 
Is there a way to post a feature request to Butler's board or smth?

Garrett Atlassian Team Aug 09, 2019

Not currently, but I can pass that over to them for you. Let me know if you have any other feedback I can share with them!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you