Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move group cards with the same board?

Nathaniel Villania March 29, 2021

Hi all,

I have grouped cards in Trello with with parent-child card relationship. Ex. is "Company1" with sub cards "Sales1", "Sales2", and "Sales3." These sub cards have their own unique checklists.

What I want to know is if it is possible to somehow move "Company1" to the next step/column bringing the sub cards (Sales1, 2, 3) with it. Similar to when rearranging list, but on a Card relationship level only. 

I have almost 60+ companies listed along with their own sub cards (sales 1, 2, 3). It would be very helpful if I can just move the parent card (company) to the next column which also brings the child (sales) with it instead of doing it manually for each cards. 

Note: I used Hello Epics to assign the Parent and child relationships for these cards.

Hope you can give me an alternative or workaround for this if it is not possible. 

TIA!

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2021

@Nathaniel Villania 

I have not used EPIC but if parent and children are linked then - either by checklist or attachments, under Cascade you should be able to use for "each card in..." to move the children card using the parent card as a trigger. 

Hi! 

Thank you for replying. I'm quite new to Trello and was wondering where I can find the "Cascade" feature/setting. Is it within the butler feature a sort of power up? I haven't used the Butler feature yet and if it is needed, I'll check some tutorials.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Really appreciate your help though.

TIA!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2021

@Nathaniel Villania 

After you set a trigger for Rules, you will have Cascade listed on the screen

I'm having problems getting this to work. Hoping you can guide me on what I'm doing wrong please. Here's the rule I set:

Triggerwhen a card is moved into list "Doing" by me

Actionfor each card linked in the attachments

So aside from adding the Parent (Customer1) and child (Sales1, 2, 3) card relationships, I also added the child cards to the Parent card as trello attachments. 

When I move the Parent card to the "Doing" list, the child cards are still in the "To Do" list.

I would love to get them to move as a group since I have around 86+ Sales which are divided under 48+ Customer cards.  It would be a lot easier instead of moving each and every sales card on the same customer card.

Hope that makes sense. TIA!

Nathaniel Villania March 30, 2021

I'm having problems getting this to work. Hope you can guide me what I'm doing wrong. Here are my rules to check if it will work:

trigger: when a card is moved into list "DOING" by me

action: for each card linked in the attachments

I also added the child cards to the parent card as trello attachments still to no avail. 

Just to be clear, my goal is when moving the Parent Card to the next list/column, it will bring all the child cards linked to it.

I currently have 150+ child cards that are linked to their respective Parent cards (around 80+). 

TIA!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2021

@Nathaniel Villania 

As I have not worked with EPIC, how are the cardlinks appearing on the parent card? If it is the normal ways we link cards, the next action would possibly be move to list {triggercardlistname} ... I half suspect that the relationships is maintain within EPIC. 

Here's what is showing in the Parent card:

https://snipboard.io/bkPJVa.jpg

1. There's a section for the linked children cards to the top

2. I added the child cards as attachment just in case which appeared in the Trello attachments section

I'm a beginner with Trello and can't figure out what you mean by {triggercardlistname}

I really appreciate your help but if possible, can you please teach me by using less terminologies and a bit more beginner friendly.

I checked all over Youtube and can't find any tutorials for this.

If you have a video on how you did this, I would love to watch it to get an idea.

TIA!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2021

@Nathaniel Villania Let’s take this offline. My profile has my contact info. 

Hi! I can only see your twitter profile but can't seem to send you a DM. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2021

@Nathaniel Villania 

Click on website. It is a public Trello board and my contact info is there. 

I am sorry, I have no idea where I can send you a DM. Can we chat in skype instead please? Here's my ID: live:.cid.f826c6477c36c1fd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events