It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to manage all tasks I own?

Hi everyone,

I'm a long-time Asana user who needs to migrate to Trello now. A great thing about Asana is that even if you have assigned tasks in a bunch of different projects, you can still see all of your assigned tasks in your "My Tasks" view and you can drag your tasks up or down in that view to prioritize them as you deem necessary. So that means I don't even need to click into the individual projects. I can just work off my list and focus on what I need to do.

I've set up a handful of projects ("Boards") in Trello now and while using an individual board is intuitive, it seems Trello doesn't have an intuitive way to manage your assigned tasks. There's the "Cards" view, but that simply gives you a look at each individual project, so you can't prioritize your tasks across projects. Plus each board has a smaller window in that view, so you end up scrolling up and down within each board to see everything. Then there's the "Up Next" view on the Home page, but that's not a good way to keep track of things because tasks can be dismissed from that view and again, you can't set the priority.

So ultimately I'm asking if there's a way, either via a default feature or a plug-in, that allows for some type of rolled-up "My Tasks" view where it's basically a master "Board" of my assigned tasks where I can prioritize as I wish.

Thanks!

-Greg

2 answers

You can view all your cards like this: https://help.trello.com/article/819-viewing-all-of-your-cards

But I personally use a master board, you could call it "total planning" or something. I use the Butler Power-Up (or you can use the Butler Bot) to copy cards from all my projects board when they are due between 7 and 14 days to the list "next week" on this total planning board. And link the cards together! (don't forget).

Then I have Butler move the cards from list "next week" to list "this week" when the card is due between 1 and 7 days. I use this range of days so that any new added card with a short due date is included as well. 

Pay attention that when a card with a due date shorter than 7 days is added to a project board, it does not get copied by Butler (between 7 and 14 days was the command). So if this happens a lot, you need a way to handle that. I have a different procedure for that with my clients.

Hi @Gregory Annunziata

This can be accomplished using Unito. We're able to sync all your cards so you can have a master board view of all the projects you're currently working on. I'd really recommend taking a look at this resource we've created that will lead you through the process of creating one in Trello. 

How to Create a Master Board in Trello (Webinar/Tutorial):

http://bit.ly/2OB4oIa

I hope you find this useful. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions at all. 

Best,

Unito

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

2,300 views 23 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you