Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make my public board Observe only

emily Davis nelson April 17, 2020

When I invite people with the link I want it to be read only.  I don't want them to mess with or add anything to my board.  It's just info for them.  How can I make sure every guest is observe only?  I know I can when I invite specific people but I want to send a link to a bunch of people and not invite them one at a time. I want anyone to look at my board but only as an observer. 

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

Hi @emily Davis nelson 

The easiest way that I've found to do this is to turn it into a template, then anyone can copy it but no one can change it.

To do this, go to 'Show Menu' then 'More' then 'Make Template'

That will turn the board into a public template that anyone on the internet can find and copy. In my experience though, there are restrictions depending on whether you're a free user, free Team or Business Class customer. As I am a BC user, I don't want to give advice on something that you might not have!

I will say though, that when you do this, the original board won't be there anymore because you've turned it into a template. So if this is something that you still want to be able to access and change - make a copy of it and make the copy a template and keep the original elsewhere.

Let us know if this is helpful!

Esme :)

emily Davis nelson April 24, 2020

Thank you!  I realized it I want to make it Observe only I had to upgrade so I did.  So that part is solved!  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events