It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to make a board that I can update for classroom groups?

I'm a classroom teacher and I would like to use Trello to help my students complete a group project.  Is there a way for me to make a teacher board that I can update when I add new assignments to the project but the kids can each have their own board for their groups so they can assign tasks to their members?  I could copy a board for my 8 groups but if I wanted to add a new assignment I can't figure out how to just add the assignment once rather than 8 times on each of my groups boards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 19, 2019

I think you could achieve this with the Mirror by Unito power-up!

Another solution could be to create one master board, and then just link to that in each of the students boards. Ie, Have a README list that has a card that says "grab assignments from the master board - link here - and copy the card over to this board". Make the students do that copying for their specific board. :)

Ok I've downloaded the mirror power app but when I click on it it says I must be part of the trello team?  I'm the admin on the board am I not part of the team? 

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 19, 2019

You can be a part of a board without being part of the team of that board. Can you take a screenshot of your the top line of your board? As in, show me what you see here. 

image.png

If you can share a screenshot of that, and then confirm you're part of the team (where my screenshot says "Personal" yours should say the name of the team). 

And you can actually click on the team name, then click view team page and look at members to see if you're part of the team.

Thank you I’ve got it figured out. Kids are liking this bit of technology 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,506 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you