Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Bitbucket's issues into Trello Dashboard

Merlin.Li December 16, 2017

Hi Atlassian products Pros

I know that now Bitbucket is integrated with Trello that I can enable the add on of Trello boards in Bitbucket or use Bitbucket power-up in Trello. But the articles I found on those integrations are all on bring in Branch, Pull Request, Commits etc to Trello, but no instructions on how to connect the ISSUES(tasks, bugs, etc) in Bitbucket to Trello Boards for project management.

Would truly appreciate if someone can give some directions on this!

Thanks tons!

M

16 answers

19 votes
joaoreynolds August 3, 2018

It's surprising to me that issues can't connect to cards. I mean, isn't that mostly what a card would be meant for when connected to bitbucket? (see Github projects)

7 votes
Daya Sharma September 25, 2018

I don't understand the point of having Trello board when cards can't be linked to issues or vice versa. I think the problem is the conflict Atlassian has with their need to sell JIRA if they provide such integrations in free versions of bitbucket/trello then they are killing JIRA. So I am betting my money that this won't be implemented and Trello integration will just remain an attractive (read lockin) albeit weak model.

Like @NekmoI am feeling the pressure to just move to Github

bit Time Professionals February 21, 2019

+1

Like Nicholas Mitchell likes this
edoardoo October 29, 2019

Also, Gitlab is much more polished

Like Nicholas Mitchell likes this
6 votes
Sheldon Terence O'Reilly May 4, 2018

Any chance you figured this out??  I have the same question word for word :)

Thanks

S

3 votes
pmucci October 9, 2019

Jesus BB, is anyone listening? This is a must have.

3 votes
unsignedint May 29, 2019

Atlassian have lost the plot if they think this feature is useful. Literally the point of a Kanban board, such as what you can create in Trello, is to manage issues. Why does their initial integration only include things like COMMITS and PULL REQUESTS? Like who tf cares about managing pull requests in a Kanban?

I think they're missing a chance here to create a 'JIRA Lite' - kind of like Visual Studio Code vs original Visual Studio. Existing JIRA is bloated and slow and has a lot of legacy cruft, this would have been a good change to start afresh rather than giving up and integrating your competitors product.

robrecord July 16, 2019

Hilariously, Trello host their repos on Github. https://github.com/trello

I guess that says a lot.

Like # people like this
3 votes
edoardoo March 2, 2019

I've already seen Stride ending because noone listened to the users.

Don't force users to pay because they need.

Adapt the offer and make them pay because they want.

3 votes
Nekmo September 7, 2018

Bye, we moved to Github o/

Nomic August 21, 2018

This is potentially helpful, but what I'd really want is 2-way integration, where a Trello card referenced the state of an issue & vice-versa.

Like # people like this
yamahito September 3, 2018

+1 (Sam)

2 votes
Deleted user April 26, 2019

Really no way of syncing issues with Trello yet?

unsignedint May 29, 2019

I know right...

2 votes
shaform November 12, 2018

So sad that this is not supported.

1 vote
Tarmo Jussila May 8, 2020

This is still relevant. Any updates on the Atlassian side?

1 vote
sunao626 October 27, 2019

This is ridiculous somehow

1 vote
TishSerg August 10, 2019

Still no integration...

1 vote
Nekmo September 25, 2018

@Daya SharmaThe Bitbucket issues system has not received improvements for years because Atalassian only wants to sell their other products: Bitbucket $5 + Jira $7 + Trello $10 + ...

But for most projects the Github issues system is sufficient and only costs $5-9 per person. It also includes a dashboard like trello. Atlassian should include a small Jira with Bitbucket.

Bitbucket is a zombie. Github is very attractive and Gitlab is much more complete.

Daya Sharma September 26, 2018

Thanks @Nekmo I was wanting to try GitLab but wasn't sure. Have you tried GitLab cloud or on premise (self install)?

0 votes
freshembassy April 14, 2020

Is there really no integration between Trello and Issues? This is crazy.

0 votes
Nicholas Mitchell March 8, 2020

Had it with Atlassian - I'm off to Gitlab for everything now. Viva la revolution!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events