Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to leave Jira board

Deleted user Jan 14, 2020

Please explain where in the UI I can leave/exit a Jira board.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Jan 14, 2020

@[deleted] 
What do you mean by "leave/exit" ?

To come out of a board when viewing, just clicking any other function to exit the current board.

If you meant something else, happy to help! Please provide more details.

Board_01.jpg

@FUN MAN ANDYThank you for the quick response!

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant is that I no longer want to take part in a Jira board created by someone else.

I don't have permission to change board setting since I'm not a board administrator.

Reason for this is that I keep getting notifications about activity within the board while I am no longer working on this project.

I've looked everywhere but failed to find a way to "leave" the project entirely

Like FUN MAN ANDY likes this

The project (or Jira or System) admins will have to remove you from the project role(s) that are granting you access.

That person no longer uses Jira.. any way I can do it myself?

FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Jan 14, 2020

@[deleted] : what Nic said 👍🤓 and yes, you can with the corrects rights... by clicking on:

Project Settings -> People 
(See screenshots below)

Do you have (at a minimum) Site Admin rights to do this yourself?
Preferably find your Org & Site Admin master user within the company.
These people can (and should know how to) do everything:

SiteAdmin.jpg

Does this help?
Need more screenshots to help guide you?? 

Site_Admin_Board_People.png

I do not have the rights to do what you suggest.

Seems there is nothing left except close my account and make a new one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank @FUN MAN ANDY & @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ for your support

You must have an admin somewhere!

FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Jan 15, 2020

@[deleted] :
Definitely DO NOT close account / make a new one 🚫⛔
Please DO hunt down your company's Admin and get them to sort it out ! 🤓✔

FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Jan 16, 2020

@[deleted] : do you need any more assistance or is your question answered sufficiently?

Deleted user Jan 16, 2020

@FUN MAN ANDYNo thank you, my question is answered.

1 vote
dirk I'm New Here May 12, 2020

This same question has been asked many times, but Jira still does not offer a way to remove your account from a company/project when you don't have admin rights. Atlassian please stop pointing fingers to project administrators and implement the functionality to remove your own account.

Not having such a feature is strongly in violation with the GDPR and should be taken more seriously.

A similar topic started 2 years ago:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-leave-a-company-or-project/qaq-p/797851

They aren't going to do that. 

It does not violate GDPR, and it meets multiple compliance and regulation laws.  The violation in GDPR comes when the organisation does not have a process that fits it, not with the software.

It may meet the compliance and regulation laws, but doesn't take away from the fact that it's very annoying and not user friendly.

Right now, because of the beauty of consolidation of jira projects under my single account (which is nice).. I also have the drawback of having a "hibernate jira" project under my accounts.

I haven't used it for many years and would like to just remove it / unregister it from my account.

Well, good luck finding an administrator that can do me the favor of removing me. (There is no 'contact administrator' placeholder on the project either).

I see no reason the person that is the subject of the project-member relationship should not have the permission to remove themselves from a jira project (or at the least, a button to 'request' removal). Cause the alternative is just having loose ends.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,661 views 16 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you